I Am David Assignment

For section 1, I have completed one map, two journal entries, two pictures/photographs of characters, and two quotations. I apologize for any spelling or grammar errors on my blog, please notify me if you see any and I will change them as soon as I can. For section 2, I have read over all of my posts, and completed and posted a five-word glossary. I have already responded to Philip's and Dima's pictures posts.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Reflection on Journal Entries

Here is my reflection on my journal entries. I wanted to write about some of the characters that we do not know much about in the story. I didn’t really want to write about David because we know enough about him by reading the novel. I decided to write about Maria and Johannes because their stories are wide open; I can create whatever story I want for them. This allows me to be a bit more creative and provide a look into their personalities and lives. Maria and Johannes are important characters in the novel: Johannes is David's mentor, and Maria is the one person other than the late Johannes who David feels comfortable with.

It took me a while to get the ideas for my journal entries. I wrote up whatever came to mind about Maria. I wanted to write about what she thought about David, because I didn’t know much about that while reading the novel. After I wrote it, I realized that I liked what I had written. I edited it and injected a bit more feeling into the journal, and ta-da! It was done.  Johannes’ journal was a bit more difficult. I considered writing about David and his interaction with Johannes in the camp.  Then I thought that writing about Johannes and his thoughts would be a bit more interesting, so I decided to write about that instead.

These journal entries relate to the story because they provide a more of a background for the characters. After reading them, you can understand Maria and Johannes better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How would you rate I Am David on a scale of 1-10?